Are you aware of times in your relationship when your partner calls, constantly questions, looks at your last online time, mocks you and tries to put pressure on you to make decisions? You may have experienced dating violence. If you have had similar experiences, please read the article.
We can all agree to that Romantic relationshipsFlirting, or whatever you call it, being in a romantic relationship can bring joy to many lives and make them feel loved and valued. But, this world isn’t the only one. Not all of them are happy. Relationships can develop at a healthy pace level. We Daily, we should look out for negative news regarding physical violence and/or murder in a couple. This is a disturbing issue for us all. This is not enough to heal a relationship. You might be exposed even if you don’t know it.
What is dating violence?
Sugarman & Hotaling (1989) defined dating violence as All gestures and words Sexual behaviors that result in threats or physical harm to the partner in a relationship with you. Violence between couples who are not married can take the form of physical, psychological and sexual violence. Let’s look at each one in more detail.
- Physical dating violence: Slapping, pushing, punching and kicking are all examples of behaviors that can harm the body.
- Psychological dating violence: Behaviors This includes speaking in a manner that hurts the partner’s self-esteem and humiliating, mocking or intimidating the partner, interfering with his family meetings, and name-calling. Life of an individual.
- Sexual dating violence: These behaviors include forcing the partner to have sexual relations against his will, being persistent, and reacting harshly when rejected.
- Economic dating violence: Emotions that are designed to exploit the partner.
- Social dating violence: Negative behaviors that restrict the partner’s social interactions interfere with his relationships with others.
According to studies, Dating violence is a problem that affects 15-50% to 50% of couples.. This is a very high rate. One person who has been subject to violence in a relationship might notice that the likelihood of physical violence increasing in the future is higher. One person who has suffered any form of violence in a romantic relationship may notice an increase in physical violence in the future. Even if the partner does not know they are doing it, the consequences for the relationship can be devastating. negative effect On the person.
If you feel that your Similar behavior in the partner You may find it helpful to review your relationship after you have noticed the behaviors.
Here are some ways to handle dating violence
- For those who have suffered from physical violence in a romantic relationship, there are organizations that can provide emergency support. Police, Gendarmerie Alo 183 and Mor Roof.
- If you suspect that you are suffering from dating violence and do not know how to deal with it, The end of a relationship If you are having difficulties because of negative thoughts and feelings, You can receive psychological support.
- No matter what request the other party makes, If you don’t wish to, you can stop feeding the violence by being clear and saying no..
- If you don’t know the behavior of another person, it is possible to inform them. Let them know and encourage them to be more aware of your relationship.
- Imagine your partner candidate High risk of violence such as antisocial personality disorder or alcohol-drug addiction. This is a case where you should seek professional help. By paying more attention to your partner’s behavior, you can make sure that you are following his lead. Behavior before you start a relationship.
- The negative effects of dating violence can be very severe Mental health and physical health. Imagine that you have anxiety, depression, anger outbursts and suicidal thoughts increasing and you start to develop chronic gastrointestinal or cardiovascular diseases. You can determine if the problem is related to your relationship’s dating violence. This can be done by consulting an expert or asking questions.
- Like any other issue, you can Support from family and friends is possible Share the situation with them.